Monday, September 21, 2009

Blog Assignment #5...Props

I was so thrilled and honored to have the chance to make Baby E's first portrait! I've been patiently waiting to try out a new prop purchase of mine and Baby E couldn't have been more cooperative for the task. So, this weeks blog assignment is also a teaser post. I've been scouring here and there for props to use that add to a picture instead of distract. I've found Etsy is a wonderful site for all things homemade. Some things I've learned though with props is to always ask yourself if you are adding a distraction to the picture, or is the prop enhancing the story? Another lesson to take from this shoot is to let the lighting be your guide on where to shoot. We ended up shooting in the breakfast nook area of their house because they had these great corner windows that let in beautiful natural light. I knew I wanted a darker background for these pictures to contrast with the cream colored yarn, so we placed a table on its side a few feet back from where Baby E was "swinging" and it made for beautiful blurred darkness.

So without further ado, introducing Miss E!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Christene! Those are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. I love how she's peek out from her cocoon.

    ReplyDelete